By now it’s not news that breakfast does a body good, replenishing energy, kick-starting your insulin response, and even preventing heart disease.But when life throws too much onto our plates, the most important meal of the day often also becomes the most ignored. And even those who do squeeze in a morning meal—whether it’s toting processed granola bars to work or school; grabbing a greasy bacon, egg, and cheese on their commute; or dipping into the box of donuts someone’s brought to the office—are missing one key ingredient: fiber.
1. Banana Apple Porridge:
The wonderful combination of fruits and whole grains are a perfect way to start your day. Full of calcium, protein and fibre, this dish will please your taste buds, boost energy and give you enough strength to last until the next meal.
- One cup of chopped bananas
- Half a cup of apple cubes
- One-fourth cup of dalia
- One-fourth cup of rolled oats
- 2 cups of double toned milk
- One teaspoon of low-fat butter
- One-fourth teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Heat the butter on your pressure cooker first. Add the broken wheat to it and let it sauté for a minute.
- Add the oats next and let it sauté for another minute.
- One cup of milk comes next with a bit of water. Mix well and cook until you hear two whistles.
- Now add the cinnamon powder and mix a little.
- Place it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Before you are about to serve, add the apples and bananas and mix properly.
- Serve right away.
2. Eggs And Avocado Toast:
- One egg, beaten
- One fourth of an avocado
- One slice of whole wheat bread
- Heat your pan with one teaspoon of olive oil.
- Make yourself an omelette using one beaten egg.
- Mash the avocado with a fork in the other hand till it becomes a paste.
- Now spread it on the slice of whole wheat bread.
- Place the omelette on top.
- Your breakfast is ready to serve.
3. Banana Peanut Butter Refrigerator Oatmeal:
- One-fourth cup of rolled oats
- One-third cup of skimmed milk
- One-fourth cup of low-fat Greek yoghurt
- One tablespoon of peanut butter
- One teaspoon of honey
- One-fourth cup of diced bananas
- Get hold of a bowl or a jar. Wash it off first to ensure it’s clean.
- Now add oats, milk, peanut butter, chia seeds and honey.
- Put a lid on top of the jar.
- Shake well till it has been well combined.
- Remove the lid now and add bananas to the jar.
- Mix well.
- Return lid to the jar and let it stay in the fridge for the night.
- Serve chilled in the morning.
4. Chicken Omlette With Brown Bread:
- One whole egg
- 3-4 egg whites
- 30 grams of diced chicken
- One cup of diced capsicum
- Half a cup of chopped onion
- Half a cup of chopped mushroom
- Coriander leaves
- Whisk the egg whites together.
- Add the chicken, onion, capsicum and mushroom to it.
- Add a bit of olive oil to your pan.
- Add the mixture to the pan and cook it on low heat.
- Make sure the onions, capsicum and mushrooms are well cooked before serving.
- Serve with coriander leaves on a slice of whole wheat or brown bread.
5. Taco Sweet Potato And Spinach Egg Bake:
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 3 large eggs
- One teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of black pepper
- One teaspoon of taco seasoning
- Half a cup of toned milk
- Half a cup of shredded cheese
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Half a cup of parsley or coriander
- One small crushed garlic clove
- Preheat your oven at first. It should be at 350 degrees F.
- Get your baking dish and add eggs, salt, pepper, taco seasoning. Whisk for 20 seconds.
- Now add milk, spinach, cheese, peppers and combine.
- Add sweet potatoes, spinach, mix well and transfer to the oven. Let it cook for 50 minutes approx.
- Remove and let it cool down for ten minutes.
- Serve hot. Cut with a knife.