LEAVING your gadgets charging overnight could lead to a deadly house fire, Dominic Littlewood revealed on Good Morning Britain.
Speaking to the ITV GMB presenters, Dominic advised viewers to be very careful with their tech around the house.
He said: “If you’ve got fairy lights, don’t use 240 volt ones, they get hot and every time a bulb goes the others get hotter.
“There are LED ones out there now, they are safe as houses. Use LED wherever possible.
“Ideally, also unplug things – people are going to leave their phones on charge overnight, we all do it.
“Don’t leave it on a flammable surface like a pillow, underneath a pillow or on the quilt.
“Put it on a saucer that way if gets hot at least the saucer isn’t going to catch alight, it’s going to protect you a little bit.”
Dominic also advised to only chargers from a reputable source.
He said: “Don’t use these substandard chargers – there was a kid in 2007 who died from one, he was 7 years old – they are lethal.
Dominic’s advice comes as one man was left needing skin grafts after his iPhone exploded in his pocket.
Gareth Clear, 36, was rushed to hospital after a peaceful bike ride took a dangerous turn.
He was cycling around Manly Dam, in Australia, when he fell off his bike.
The mountain biker landed on his iPhone 6 which was in his back pocket, but just seconds later his leg was engulfed in searing pain when the mobile exploded.
The phone ignited, melting through his shorts and two layers of skin on his right thigh.
Living Down Under for the past six years, he was rushed to the Royal North Shore Hospital where his wounds were so severe they required skin graft surgery.
He will now be bed-bound for a week and hooked up to a machine to prevent infection. He estimates it will take weeks to fully recover.
Mr Clear, who grew up in Hampshire but moved to Australia six years ago, only had the phone for six months when it exploded.