If you’ve made up your mind in doing a colon cleanse, give your body that extra fighting chance by doing everything you possibly can in giving your body the upper hand.
This includes eliminating all toxins, chemicals, GMOs, MSG, sugar, refined/processed food, dairy, caffeine, fried foods, and saturated fats from your diet. Also, stop smoking and drinking at least a week before and after your cleanse.
Try to eliminate chemicals found in common household detergents and fabric sheets, cleaning products, shampoos, soaps, and air fresheners. Replace as many as you can with natural or DIY products.
If you’re going to invest in a gym membership, make sure that they offers classes such as yoga or Pilates. These types of meditative exercises stimulate your circulation, lymphatic system, and digestive system.
Best Things to do for a Natural Colon Cleanse
1. Up your fiber. A diet high in fiber of up to 40 grams a day, both soluble and insoluble, to slow the emptying time of the stomach and move feces through the intestines quicker by bulking it up. You can add fibrous foods into each meal like having oatmeal for breakfast, lentils in your raw salad for lunch, berries for snacks, and a big stir fry vegetable bowl for dinner. You can also take a good fiber supplement.
2. Eliminate. Eliminate all things contributing to the problem: all processed foods, sugar, white flour, alcohol and caffeine, food additives, colorings and preservatives, fruit and vegetables treated with pesticides, most dairy.
3. Hydrate. It is essential to drink 8 – 10 glasses of pure, filtered water each day. Even more so, if you believe you are really backed up, drink 3 glasses of water before breakfast to really get things flushed out quickly.
4. Get moving. Exercise speeds up bowel action and encourages healthy elimination.
5. Supplement. Take digestive enzymes after each meal to normalize digestion and break down protein that can remain in the colon. Papaya and pineapple enzymes are a sure fire hit.
Any bowel detoxification program should last between 1 – 3 months depending on the severity of the symptoms, and should be as strict as possible. Generally speaking, most people can benefit from a colon cleanse twice yearly, but emphasis must be on prevention and dietary changes.
Make sure your immune system is in tip-top shape because those nasty toxins making their way out of your body can create some nasty side effects. You may experience a severity of your symptoms in the beginning, as well as foul smelling stool, headaches and light-headedness. They are no cause for alarm, usually the worse your reaction, the more crap you have in your body (pun intended).
While colon cleansing is not a weight-loss procedure, dropping weight is often a welcomed side effect! All the fiber is especially useful in providing a feeling of fullness and decreased appetite