The heart is one of the most important and busiest organ of our body. It begins to beat and work from the day we were born and never stops until we die. If a problem affects the heart, then there is cause for concern and worry, for this is the main engine house. It is therefore important to ensure we keep our hearts healthy. So many cases of sudden deaths, heart attack and the like are all traceable to unhealthy foods, lifestyle and habit that continues to hurt our heart. Here are few Natural ways to help keep this important organ healthy.
Turmeric helps against heart related problems. It reduces clot formation and cholesterol oxidation. It regulates the blood LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) level. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
Use it in a drink,
- Boil a cup of milk on the stove.
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder and stir.
- Cool it down to a suitable temperate.
Cayenne pepper contains a compound called capsaicin, this compound is known to lower cholesterol levels and increase immunity. It also functions to purify the blood.
- Warm a cup of water in the microwave.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and stir well.
- Drink this warm concoction.
You might have heard the popular saying: “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.”
Although it may not be true in many cases, it is true in preventing heart diseases. Apples contain pectin, which is responsible for controlling cholesterol levels.
- Slice your apples thinly and eat them for breakfast.
- Eat apples as a snack whenever you feel hungry.
- Increase the use of apples in your various recipes.